Keya Reed, Esq.
The Law Office of Keya M. Reed LLC, Founder
B.A., Coppin State University; J.D., UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
Keya Reed provides legal representation to families and others in the St. Louis, Missouri area. She focuses on helping her clients address matters involving:
- Criminal Law — Keya defends the liberties of individuals accused of having committed a crime
- Estate Planning — Keya helps protect clients' wealth and assets by creating and amending wills, trusts and other estate planning tools
- Family Law — Keya fights for clients in in adoption, divorce, marriage, marriage substitute, and custody matters
- Juvenile Issues — Keya defends minors accused of violating delinquency laws and in criminal cases, including by helping ensure that her client is not charged as an adult
- Special Education — Keya pursues the legal rights of children entitled to special education services, including by securing individual education plans (IEPs) and 504 plans and helping ensure their full implementation
Keya is passionate about helping and pursuing justice for all whose legal rights often have been inadequately pursued. As demonstrated by her role as an Observer Coach Trainer (OC/T) in the U.S. Army Reserve—in which role she helps ensure soldiers' and staff members' readiness for deployment—Keya's commitment to justice and selflessness goes beyond her legal work.
Keya earned her J.D. from the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law, where she earned the Mason Civil Rights Scholar Award. As a student attorney, she helped win a state action suit against the District of Columbia Public Schools for wrongfully suspending students with individual education plans.
Keya received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Coppin State University, where she was a Dean's List Scholar. Also, as the youngest ranking soldier in her OC/T school, she received the Distinguished Honor Graduate Award for her outstanding academic achievements.